All featured instanced must follow:
- Active moderation against racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia. Users must have the confidence that they are joining a safe space, free from white supremacy, anti-semitism and queerphobia.
- Users should have a way to report any inappropriate or offensive content to the admin/mod of the instance, so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Country of server: The country where the server is located can affect the laws and regulations that the instance needs to comply with. Therefore, it is important to know the country where the server is hosted.
- Hoster is GDPR-compliant: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a set of regulations introduced by the European Union to protect the privacy of individuals. If the instance is hosted in the EU or has EU users, it needs to comply with GDPR. Even if the instance is not hosted in the EU, it is good practice to comply with GDPR to protect the privacy of users.
- The instance may allow for commercial use, but only in limited cases, such as donations or affiliate links. However, paywalls are strictly prohibited to ensure that all users have equal access to the content. The instance may allow ads, but it is necessary to declare them during or after the application process. This is to ensure transparency and trust between the instance and its users.
What we need from you
- Your domain name for your instance.
- Short description.
- A thumbnail. Express the visual identity of your instance. A high quality image will make your server look professional. Only JPG, PNG, WebP or SVG formats. Avoid transparency. Keep the image in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Notable features, like: Hosting country (important for compliance with specific laws), multi domain support, etc.
- A contact email where we can reach out to you.